Most of the time we see Brussels Sprouts they are over cooked- this salad recipe by Rock mom and Fashion authority June Ambrose is made with raw Brussels Sprouts and raw kale. Brussels Sprouts and kale have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and detoxification properties. It only takes 100 calories of kale to provide over 350 milligrams of omega-3 fatty acid (alpha-linolenic acid, or ALA). So a little goes a long way.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large bunches of Tuscan kale (about 1 1/2 lb. total), center stem discarded, leaves thinly sliced
- 12 ounces brussels sprouts, trimmed, finely grated or shredded with a knife
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup almonds with skins, coarsely chopped
Take the lemon juice, dijon, garlic and shallot, and part of the olive oil, sea salt and pepper and wisk until blended evenly or blend on high speed until emulsified.
Toss the remainder of the ingredients: kale, brussels sprouts, almonds in a mixing bowl. Then add the remainder of olive oil and toss.
Add the dressing and toss when ready to serve.