Maple Lotus Root
3 1/2 cup lotus root (sliced perfectly for presentation)
1/2 sweet potato – cubed
1 green onion
2.5 tbsp. maple syrup
1/4 tsp sesame seed
3 tbsp. sesame oil
1 tsp braggs
1. Cube the sweet potato and bake it the oven at 400 degrees with a little olive oil and a little salt until it browns on the outside
2. Slice the green onion in long strips
3. Peel and cut the lotus root in ¼” layers and place this in water so it doesn’t change color
1. Heat the sesame oil first on a wide non-stick pan.
2. Then place the lotus root flat so they are not stacking. Add more sesame oil if it is starting to stick. You want the lotus root to move around without breaking.
3. Add the maple syrup and Braggs once the lotus root is cooked through as the syrup will cook fast and it will caramelize the ingredients.
4. Gently mix. Then add baked sweet potato cubes and green onions at the very end.