You’ve heard of super-foods, but did you know that many of the popular super-foods on the market today are also glow foods? When properly incorporated into your diet, these super-foods can do wonders for your overall wellness. Here are just a few:
- Spirulina, or blue-green algae, is 63 percent protein—the highest planetary source of protein. It also contains vitamin A, nucleic acids, chlorophyll, and iron, and cleanses the body as it builds it—a terrific addition to your detox!
- Cacao is the strongest antioxidant on earth; it relaxes muscles and builds strong bones and teeth. It contains more magnesium than any other food, helping to balance brain chemistry, regulate blood pressure, and keep bowels regular. By increasing neurotransmitters in our brains, cacao promotes a feeling of rejuvenation, positive outlook, and a sense of well-being—it’s nature’s antidepressant.
- Maca invigorates the endocrine system, balancing hormones. It increases stamina, combats acne and PMS symptoms, and increases libido in both men and women. It contains vitamin B12, protein, loads of calcium, and all of the essential amino acids.
- Goji berry is a powerful antioxidant, contains 21 trace minerals, and is a complete protein source. It increases human growth hormone, reversing some of the effects of aging. Benefits include improved eyesight, restoration of hair color, increased libido, and enhanced mood.
- Hempseeds are a complete protein source and have sulfur-bearing amino acids, helping to build strong nails and hair, and promoting beautiful skin. Hempseeds detoxify the liver and support a healthy pancreas. They rejuvenate connective tissue and contain 21 trace minerals.
Talk about bathing yourself from inside out! These powerful glow foods are cleansing, fortifying, and boast off-the-charts nutrition profiles. My favorite way to get these in my system is to whip them into a smoothie—but you can eat them however you like. Just eat them!
Stay tuned for Guideline #9… Cut the Crap
For more Glow Tips check out my book- Mama Glow: A Hip Guide to Your Fabulous Abundant Pregnancy