Retinols may be one of the go-to prescription treatments for healing stretch marks topically, but they CANNOT be applied during pregnancy. Retinols, though, get their power from Vitamin A—the same Vitamin A found in sweet potatoes! In this recipe, the sweet potato is combined with manuka honey, which has both anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and has been show to help stimulate collagen production and the growth of new tissue.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup manuka honey
- In a medium pot, boil the sweet potato in water until easily pierced with a fork, approximately 20 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a food processor. Add the honey and blend until smooth and well combined
- Let it cool to room temperature before applying a thick layer to stretch marks. Let it sit for 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Repeat daily for best results
Recipe from THE RECIPE FOR RADIANCE: Discover Beauty’s Best-Kept Secrets in Your Kitchen © 2014 by Alexis Wolfer