Yum on the Go: Vegan Cuts Snack Box
The subscription box model craze is in full effect and there seems to be a box out there for just about everything. Enter Vegan Cuts, a new monthly curated snack box catering to the plant-based noshers out there. The box includes everything from GMO-free kale chips, to gluten-free protein bars. You can soak up the sun this summer while munching on a variety of samples. We tried out the box sampler which included:
- Laughing Giraffe Organics- macaroons
- Pasta Chips- crunchy Tuscan inspired chips
- Nii Bar- gluten-free raw nutrition bar
- Somersault Snacks- toasted seed and grain nuggets
- Date lady- date syrup stick
- Peeled Snacks- low calorie fruit snack clusters
- Nutiva- Hemp protein powder packed with all the essential amino acids
- Heartland Natural- supplement powder
- St Claire’s Organics- Mint candies flavored with essential oils
- EnergyFruits- a squeezable crushed fruit snack for adults on-the-go
The box was unmarked and since we get so many packages it was hard to figure out who it was from- thank God for the one piece of super informative collateral that helped us solve the mystery and discover a few new brands. The sampling of snacks was ample with 10 different items, even with the variety I only indulged in three of the items: the Laughing Giraffe Macaroons (which are amazing), the Nii Bar, and the St. Claire’s Organic mints. The rest of the items were perfectly fine but nothing I would find myself snacking on normally. I try to exclude chips from my diet and don’t know under what circumstances I would ever try squeezable crushed fruit.
That being said- the box has a lot of goodies that go over well with the kids. I would love to see what some of their other boxes look like. A dried fruit option, a gluten-free chip option, and some more raw food type snacks would be wonderful additions to this box. At just $19.95 a month you get 7-10 vegan sweets and savory treats delivered to your doorstep. If you are new to the plant-based lifestyle and looking for some healthier snack options give Vegan Cuts a try!