Services : Birth Support: Doulas
In The Womb: Labor/Birth Coaching Services
Labor support coaches or doulas are trained and experienced in childbirth. They stay alongside you throughout your labor. The coach offers help and advice on comfort measures such as breathing, relaxation, movement and positioning. She also assists families in gathering information about the course of their labor.
Clinical trials have demonstrated that the presence of a coach or doula is also associated with:
- Reduction of cesarean rates
- Reduction in use of forceps
- Less requests for epidurals
- Shorter labor
- Reduction in oxytocin augmentation
- Lower rates of newborn complications
- Reduction of maternal bleeding after birth
- Increased success with breastfeeding
- Reduction in postpartum depression
- Increased maternal satisfaction
Labor support Includes prenatal and post partum meetings, 24-hour on call support, massage and counter pressure, positioning for mother’s comfort and to facilitate fetal descent and rotation, digital photos of your baby immediately after birth and more.
- A minimum of 2 Prenatal Visits
- Welcome kit
- Birth Preferences (known as a Birth Plan) Assistance
- Recommended Reading
- Telephone Support
- On-Call 24 Hours a Day beginning at 36 weeks of gestation
- Continuous Labor, Delivery, and Postpartum Support
- Initial Breastfeeding Assistance
- Postpartum Visits
- Back-up Coach/Doula Support
- Referrals for additional assistance, as needed
- Meal Planning & Nutritional Support, as needed
We service a wide range of clients and can accommodate various needs and budgets.
We have doulas in New York City, Los Angeles, and Miami Beach.
Book A Doula!
Email Us: Info@mamaglow.com