Medela Launches Breastfeeding App for Moms Seeking Support
Medela launched a new iPhone app, MyMedela, for expectant, new and veteran moms seeking breastfeeding support. This free app provides customized, expert guidance on nursing and pumping; helps users overcome challenges; tracks personal breastfeeding routines; and offers tools to help moms achieve their personal breastfeeding goals.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that while 79% of moms initiate breastfeeding, only 41 percent of moms are breastfeeding exclusively at three months1. MyMedela is the newest resource developed by Medela to help moms who choose to breastfeed or pump have a successful breastfeeding experience.
Why Should Moms Download MyMedela?
- Medela offers an exclusive confidence assessment to understand mom’s strengths and focus on her goals to then deliver customized feedback and support based on mom’s answers and other data entries.
- Provides a problem solver toolfor quick answers to common breastfeeding questions, featuring tips from expert healthcare professionals.
- Sends tailored articles and videos within the app, based on where each mom is on her breastfeeding journey.
Tools for Tracking Growth and Progress:
- Track breastfeeding and pumping routines (e.g., time spent, volume and frequency).
- Record information about baby’s growth and daily activities, such as height, weight, sleep and diapers.
- See snapshots of mom and baby’s activities on easy-to-read dashboards.
- Receive personalized reminders, alerts and notificationsthat celebrate accomplishments and help moms manage breastfeeding challenges and goals.
Download The MyMedela App