Elena Brower’s Glow Tips for Spring Soul Cleaning
1. Do Better. Every night at bedtime, ask your kid /family/partner/SELF what you could’ve done better today. It’s the most empowering thing to give the people around you a voice, and the feedback is exceptional, and the lines of communication really need to be opened.
2. Meditate as often as you can, even 5 minutes a day. Studies show that our brain functions better with just a few minutes of sitting each day. Even if you simply watch the air flow in and out of your body, those moments of pause yield important clarity and make us better listeners.
3. Practice Yoga. Practice slow, Yin or restorative yoga, even a few minutes a day. Those moments help us connect consciously to the natural process of healing that our cells are always trying to accomplish, which we hinder with all the activity and fast-paced movement.
4. Apologize. Whatever you do, even if you think it can be swept under the rug, apologize. Be the one who says sorry first. Recognize how you contributed and apologize.
5. Love yourself with Reiki. Laying your own hands on your own heart, or your own belly, helps keep you stay grounded and connected to yourself and your wellness. It’s a wondrously simple but profoundly healing practice.