Alicia Keys’ Rosemary Almonds!
Almonds are hands-down among my favorite nuts- well certainly in the top 3! I love them raw and love various preparations using herbs. I recently had my mind blown when I tried some mouth watering almonds after a yoga session with my dear friend Alicia Keys. On top of being a Grammy award winning recording artist, philanthropist, and amazing wife and mama, Alicia knows her way around the kitchen and she offered me some Marcona almonds which she prepared with rosemary and sea salt! Marcona almonds come from Spain and have a nutty and sweet taste that is quite pleasant and totally different from conventional almonds. This Provence style recipe delights your senses and will be a hit at home and on-the-go.
Try Alicia’s Recipe at home!
- extra virgin olive oil (just to cover the skillet)
- 1/2 cup marcona almonds, raw
- 3 rosemary sprigs (coarsely chopped)
- crunchy coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Pour enough olive oil to coat the bottom of a skillet, and add a rosemary sprig to the oil to scent it. Add the marcona almonds to the oil.
- Place the skillet over medium low heat for 10 minutes, then give it a stir. The almonds should be starting to turn golden brown. Add the chopped rosemary and stir with a wooden spoon. Cook for an additional five minutes, stirring halfway through, then remove the rosemary sprig, and the almonds with a slotted spoon. Toss the almonds with a good pinch of crunchy sea salt, and if desired, you can mince some fresh rosemary leaves and toss them with the almonds for extra rosemary flavor. Let the almonds cool, then serve and enjoy!
You can store in a air-tight jar once cooled. This is a great treat and an interesting snack to add to your mobile pantry to pack while you are on-the-go.